Sunday, June 5, 2016

Event 2: LACMA


Rain Room
Me at LACMA
For my second event, I chose to go to LACMA.  LACMA is a place I have always wanted to go to, and have heard many great things about.  The Los Angeles County Museum of Art is one of the most popular and iconic tourist destinations in Los Angeles, welcoming hundreds of thousands of visitors every year.  

One of the exhibits I was fortunate enough to visit and was extremely intrigued and fascinated by was the rain room.  This was one of the coolest things I have ever seen, and is definitely one of the cooler exhibits I have ever viewed.  A combination of science and art, the rain room uses technology to sense where people are, and gives the feeling that rain is all around you without actually touching you.  Being in the rain room was an a amazing sensation, and was pretty incredible to have the feeling of rain surrounding you without getting wet at all.
Long exposure pic I did from across the street later that night
Another interesting piece that I saw was the collection of lights outside of LACMA.  This exhibit, titled Urban Light, is one of the most popular exhibits at LACMA.  It is a very popular spot to take pictures due to the fact that it is right outside of the museum as well as the aesthetic appeal it brings.  The numerous rows of lights are something that are extremely mesmerizing, and draw a lot of attention.


Overall, I would recommend visiting LACMA to anyone and everyone.  It is full of interesting and exciting exhibits that are unlike most other museums.  Visiting LACMA was definitely a great experience, and its location nearby UCLA made it even more appealing to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment